Eric…. it’s not what it seems…. it’s not what it seems —- name that movie
I took a hiatus from blogging this summer. It was a good decision, I went to a pretty dark place. Also, life was boring.
The Corona summer is coming to an end and it has sucked. Probably the worse summer ever. We’ve been bored, stuck in the house, lazy, depressed.
To end the summer with a bang I got sick, really, really sick. I was struggling to catch my breath, I had a fever, stomach issues, dizziness, my throat was killing me, my head was killing me and I was so sore… and I had a cough… smokers with emphysema have a milder cough.
These symptoms completely knocked me on my ass for almost a week before I got tested for Covid. There were moments I thought I was going to die, I was so weak and I couldn’t breathe. I was sure I had caught the plague.
But, things were not what they seemed and it was just the flu. It took a solid 2 weeks to feel better, but I survived!
- I started a Beachbody program and finished 4 weeks before I fell down the stairs and broke my toes.
- We finally laid my Nanny to rest.
- Went to Pennsylvania for the first time in 4 years, saw family I hadn’t seen in over 15 years.
- I went to the beach twice
- Got to see fireworks
- My daughter’s lyra performance was beautiful
- Both my boys went through huge growth spurts
- Started a YouTube channel
- Gained a bunch of weight after breaking my toes and almost have 3 chins
- Watched The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, love the first and not the second
- Watched New Girl again and realized I only watch it for CeCe and Schmidt’s storyline. Jess is super annoying
- Got really into Twilight again and have watched all the movies A LOT and have re read the first 2 books so far
So that was basically my summer. Oh yeah it was just my birthday and I turned 36. Normally I would post a picture of my face and write something cute about how I look, but there is nothing cute about how I look right now… too much weight, acne from wearing masks, bags under my eyes from lack of sleep and my hair is in frightening disarray.
It’s been a rough summer but we are falling into my favorite time of the year. The kids and I are successfully homeschooling and I think good things are on the way!!
How was your summer?
I’ll reveal the source of my movie quote in the next blog!